HELP FOR HOMEOWNERS: FREE
Our counseling services are able to assist homeowners who:
- Are concerned about making ends meet and continuing to make future payments
- Are looking for resources to make their mortgage payment affordable
- Are current and in danger of becoming late on their mortgage
- Have a delinquent mortage; or
- Have a mortgage in default, or in foreclosure
The first step is to contact our corporate office at 919-241-4718 or 888-877-4712 to speak to a housing counselor. Your counselor will then go over your financial and hardship situations. Once all information is gathered they will be able to review all eligible programs.
One possible solution is the North Carolina Foreclosure Prevention Fund. The fund helps North Carolina homeowners who are struggling to make their mortgage payments due to:
- Job loss(unemployment)
- A reduction in income(underemployment)
- Temporary financial hardship
- Divorce or Separation
- Death of a spouse
- Medical illness
The Fund also assists retiring veterans who are transitioning to civilian jobs.
For qualified homeowners, the Fund can pay your mortgage and other related expenses for up to 36 months ($36,000) while you search or retrain for new employment.
If you are re-employed but earning less than your previous job, the Fund may still be able to help by reducing your principal loan balance by paying up to $50,000 so that your monthly payments are more affordable.
For more information or to apply, please call 888-877-4712 or click the link below.